withunmind photography

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

dream crushers vs. dream makers or better yet - haters gonna hate

sometimes i think, you gotta be careful who you tell your dreams too. some people just love to crush dreams. they'll tell you no. its not a good idea. its not possible. you cant do it. it wont happen. my philosophy is, dont tell them. SHOW THEM. some people are undercover dream crushers. or, possibly they feel as if they are looking out for your best interest or "protecting" you from being hurt. they may encourage you to dream a little smaller. aim a little lower. my philosophy is, DREAM BIGGER!

i have been so blessed to not have this problem. by nature, in way of my family, i am surrounded by people who WANT to see me succeed. they are a CONSTANT source of support and encouragement. outside of them, i choose to surround myself with passionate people. seekers. dreamers. DOERS. when i have a new idea, a new plan, even a few crazy thoughts - their first response is usually, "how can i help you?? what can i do?? what do you need from me to help you?!!" they often push me to do more and be more than i even dreamed. they challenge me to dream bigger. they push me to be better. these are the type of people that you want to surround yourself with.

i'm not afraid to dream big. i'm not afraid of failing. there is SO much i want to do and to try. some things will "pan out" and some wont. some things are meant for me and some are not. i dont know though until i first try. the things that dont "pan" are just LEARNING BLOCKS and STEPPING STONES to something even better! so, no, i'm not afraid of failing. more than anything, i'm afraid of regretting not trying!

haters gonna hate baby. thats their job. dream on. that's yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment